Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Group Dynamic

I find it fascinating how much working within a group can inspire, motivate, challenge and push the creative endeavors of the individual artist. An artist's work can be isolating and I think most artists need more time alone than other people, I know I do. I need to be alone to get things done but I also find that with all of that "alone time" I might obsess about or over analyze a problem. It's so important to connect with a group. They can offer new insights into problem solving, talk through a creative block or just to work with others who share a similar goal - to keep learning and improving. 

Thanks to everyone who attended the drawing session this week and our thanks to K.C. for absolutely perfect poses.

Susan Ishii
Susan Ishii
Susan Ohle
Ed King
Ed King
Inga
Ria
Ria 
Tyler





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming Ria … & bringing friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, I love the new interface for the Fredericksburg Life Drawing Salon! I'd tried to get in touch with you a couple months ago, but I wanted to touch base again to see if it would be possible for me to model for the group sometime in the future. I've got quite a bit of experience with organizations in Richmond, and I'm very inspired by the work I've seen on the site and would love to be a part of it, even if it was just for one session. I think I have a lot to offer, so please let me know if there might be an opportunity for me!

    ReplyDelete